Meal Plan Week 1

Hi friends! I have had a bunch of requests to share the recipes that I use for some of my weekly meal plans. So I will start here with week 1! Just a few notes; first, you can use this weekly meal plan to fit what works for you and your family and yout situation. Some people I know, including myself at some points, don't like being locked in to having a certain meal on a certain day. You can make this as flexible as you want. Maybe you just have 2-3 days of planned meals and the rest of the days are more spontaneous. Or you could just make the week of planned meals but decide what you want to make the morning of. Whatever works for you. Right now I have everything more planned out with specific meals for certain days of the week because it's easier for me to have it all planned out. But last year I didn't do that, I just planned meals for the week and then decided the morning of what I felt like eating/cooking. OK, next thing is that this has to be flexible enough for me that if it's a rought day I can scrap that dinner plan, move it to another night and whip something else up whether it's sandwiches, quesadillas or something frozen that we have stored in the freezer. Or, if one of us is sick I like to make homemade chicken noodle soup, so I can choose to move meals around to different days. So, think of it as a framework, and within that framework you have lots of freedom to move around and do what works best for you. And lastly, it's helpful to write down somewhere what your planned meals are for that week. I have mine on a small chalkboard in the kitchen next to our monthly calender. It's nice to be able to refer to that everyday to see how/what I need to prepare for that day. 

 Alright! So, Week 1---whenever that is/was. Here goes: 

 *Summer Coconut Chickpeak Curry with Rice

I used chicken instead of the halloumi cheese. 

*Spinach and Avocado Chicken Burgers

                                                


*Creamy Cilantro Steak Bowl



*Mexican Sweet Potato Skins


https://biancazapatka.com/en/mexican-sweet-potato-skins/

*Cauliflower and Ground Beef Hash


*Coconut Lime Chicken





Comments

Popular Posts