Nesting?

so in the two or three days since i last blogged, i've been working like a mad woman.  i've stayed consistent with swimming every other day so far---yay!--- and i've chosen a prayer that resonates with me, that is short enough to memorize and one i think that will be helpful to say during labor.  for me, if i have a mantra or chant or something to focus on when i'm in pain, i can deal with it much better.  for instance, when i get insane migraines i close my eyes, focus inward and kind of chant to myself something positive that lets me almost visualize my head unclenching and veins opening up allowing the blood to flow through my brain, stuff like that.  anyway, so i figure it can't hurt to be prepared with something like that during contractions and all the better that it's a beautiful prayer.  so i found this one in my prayer book and it really stuck with me:

"Oh my Lord, my Beloved, my Desire!  Befriend me in my loneliness and accompany me in my exile.  Remove my sorrow.  Cause me to be devoted to Thy beauty.  Withdraw me from all else save Thee.  Attract me through Thy fragrances of holiness.  Cause me to be associated in Thy Kingdom with those who are severed from all else save Thee, who long to serve Thy sacred threshold and who stand to work in Thy Cause.  Enable me to be one of Thy maidservants who have attained to Thy good pleasure.   Verily, Though art the Gracious, the Generous."
-Abdu'l-Baha

so i've been working on memorizing that prayer since yesterday.  i also downloaded and burned music playlists onto CD's to bring to the hospital and downloaded to my iphone in case i want to listen to music during the labor process.  again, music is helpfully distracting for me, and if it's the right genre, can be very relaxing or make me get all pumped up.  so i made a "baby's coming---upbeat" and "baby's coming---calm" mix.  

then yesterday i also stripped my bed, washed all the bedding and pillows in baking soda and rinsed with vinegar to make them smell all fresh and clean, sprinkled baking soda on my mattress and then vacuumed it up, and added a protective waterproof pad on the mattress just in case my water decides to break while i'm in bed (which probably won't happen, but who knows).  i have never washed my pillows before, i normally would just buy new ones, but it turns out you can, you should, and it's really easy.  and now they are all clean and fluffy again.  yay.  after that i proceeded to head to target to stock up on some essentials like sonicare toothbrush heads and ibuprofen (for postnatal mama pains, per my midwife's suggestion) and other stuff like that.  when i got home, i started cleaning and re-organizing the kitchen cabinets and drawers.  i cleaned them with a bleach water solution.  is it weird that i love the smell of bleach?  it just smells so clean and disinfected to me, hahahhaa.  anyway, i only got about halfway through that before i had to stop, make and eat dinner and relax.  i noticed that through all that i was having very frequent braxton hicks contractions, more frequent than usual.  nothing painful or anything, but just interesting to note.  maybe that means that my body, and baby are preparing!  


also, i had ordered an airplane mobile a few weeks ago from a shop on etsy, and it arrived the other day.  i was soooooooo excited, i ripped open the pretty box and hung it up instantly, then took a pic and sent it to hubby so he could see how cute it is.  anyway, the woman, melissa, did such a great job matching the colors of baby's crib fabric and the quality of the mobile is great.

cute packaging

isn't this great??!!





 i love it!  so, anyway, if anyone needs a mobile in the future, i would highly recommend melissa's shop, she can customize the colors and she can make anything from animals to airplanes!  her shop is:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveAllDesigns

well, that's all i have time for today, i must get ready to wallow in the pool go swimming!


must do this next




Comments

Popular Posts