pregnancy 3.0 update--17-18 weeks


hey there.  i'm sitting here eating some lunch while my daughter is watching frozen for the 7th time meanwhile there is still about 4-5 inches of snow outside, and although the sun is shining and it's beautiful out, the temperature is about 20 degrees.  and there should be another snow "storm" coming in a couple days.  it's a big deal here in the PNW.

anyway, over the last few weeks i have been starting to feel better, less nauseous.  but again, i still get some nausea in the evenings around dinnertime.  it's not as bad as it used to be, if i eat consistently throughout the day.  i realized i NEED to eat every hour or so, otherwise i get nauseous and ravenously hungry.  and grumpy and lightheaded.  i have also been super tired.  like, ridiculously fatigued.  i don't remember being quite this exhausted this early on in the other pregnancies.  i have to rest a lot and take naps even though i sleep a lot at night.  i think i'm going to have some more blood work done to check my iron and thyroid hormone levels.  just in case.

i saw the midwife for my 16 week appointment last week, i am up about 8 lbs, my blood pressure is great.  we got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is always my favorite thing.  i'm measuring right where i need to be, so the baby is growing nicely.  it's still so unreal to me.  sometime this week (depending on the snow situation) i am supposed to have my glucose tolerance test, they're doing it early since i had GD with my last pregnancy.  apparently i don't have to fast for the test anymore, it's only an hour long test, and the glucola is only 50g of sugar.  oh and the cutoff is 140 instead of 120 so it's a little less strict now than last time i did the GTT.  so here's hoping i pass!  if i pass then i will still have to do another test at the normal time, 28 weeks.  but i'm hoping that i don't have GD.  at all. haha we'll see.

the midwife suggested working some exercise into my daily routine now and laying off the carbs, and including more veggies into my diet, as well as taking prenatals again (i have been taking a break from them because it makes my stomach upset and gives me such bad heartburn), in order to have some more energy and feel less tired.  i scheduled my 20 week ultra sound for just a couple weeks from now.  i can't believe in just a couple weeks i will be halfway through this pregnancy!

let's see, my belly has grown for sure, i had to buy some maternity tanks and was able to borrow some more maternity clothes from another friend.  besides the fatigue and nausea, i am experiencing heartburn, the beginning of pubis symphysis (google it, it's awful), and some lower back pain.  i'm not super comfortable, but as long as baby is healthy and thriving it's ok.

i have come up with some ideas for nursery decor, which i'll share in another post.

 preggie in the snow!
i'm trying to button my snow pants but i can't get it over my belly.  good thing these snow pants have suspenders haha

and then the comparison shot, pregnancy 1, 2 and 3:


Comments

Popular Posts