18 weeks baby 2.0


so this past week was fun. i went to my graduation ceremony and had a little graduation gathering with cake. i got to see our good friends' new sweet little boy, my other good friend had her baby yesterday, my brother and sister in law were in town and we got to eat at one of our fave dim sum restaurants and hit up the amazing old school custard for some deliciously silky and rich frozen custard. i saw my youngest nephew about 3 times last week which is a record! it has been sunny, warm and beautiful here lately. all around it was a great week. i felt the baby moving around a little more, too. there hasn't been much change really since last week except the slight increase in feeling the baby move. i have a midwife appointment in a few days although i went to the regular doctor yesterday for weird heart palpitations (mine) and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, a nice strong 152 bpm. oh, last friday i watched my friend's 10 month old boy and it was a good experience, it made me think i could look after 2 kiddos. as long as this baby is as chill as my friend's baby haha. but z was so good with the baby, sharing his toys and giving him gentle hugs. when the baby cried z was so concerned, "landon crying, mama!" and "what's wrong landon?", z would bring him a toy or binkie to try to help. it was too cute.
my son being grumpy in the background

How far along:  18 weeks
Size of baby:  about the size of a baked potato or bell pepper, 5.5 inches or so, is moving a lot, flexing its arm and legs
Total weight gain/loss: at the doctor's yesterday the scale said i have gained 4 lbs
Maternity clothes: yup
Movement:  a little more
Sleep: seems like i am always tired but takes a little while to fall asleep at bedtime
What I miss: coffee, can't drink it because my stomach is so sensitive to it right now!
Cravings: i am really craving hot pot at this place we went to when i was pregnant with z
Symptoms: fatigue, heat palpitations, oh and i've been feeling braxton hicks too
Best moment this week: graduating!!!


Comments

Popular Posts