21 weeks meow

boyboyboy!  i'm having a boy!  i will have a son!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeee!  i'm so excited.  obviously, whether it was a boy or a girl it would have been lovely, but a boyyyyyy!  so.  everyone was right.  and me and my hubby were wrong.  hahahaha, we were sure it was a girl.  so we had our ultra sound on valentine's day, found out that he is a stubborn little guy when he refused to turn over for the radiologist despite her bouncing my belly like a basketball for 15 minutes, and i also found out that my brother and sister-in-law are having TWINS!!!!!!!  and they will be born only 2 months after my little monkey, so the 3 cousins will be very close in age!  how fun is that?!!  this weekend i went to a friend's baby shower and i had to go shopping for some presents for it, and took the opportunity to keep my eye out for my little buddy.  i ended up purchasing 2 outfits.  and then started some online shopping for stuff i don't want to register for like a diaper pail liner, wet bag, baby shampoo, etc.  i also purchased the fabric for the nursery, i'll be making the crib skirt and blanket out of the fabric below:

i am so digging this fabric!!!
wet bag, the owls are soooo cute
onsie jammies for my guy
elephants overalls!

hubs and my squishy niece the day we found out about our niece/nephew

i took her overshirt off and she had this onsie on that said:  Only Child Big Sister!

TWINS!!!!! thing 1 and thing 2
our baby will look like a combo of me, above, and hubby, below...eeeeee!  can't wait!


so, everything is baby right now.  i am so unmotivated to do the other things i need to like schoolwork.  it's killing me.  i neeeeeeeeed to find a way to stay on track with school.  sigh. 



How far along: 21 weeks
Size of baby: well, the baby is about 10 1/2 inches long and 3/4 of a lb, either the length of a carrot, the size of a pomegranate (a giant one???) or a spaghetti squash. this week the circadian cycle kicks in so the baby will be on a more regular schedule of sleep and being awake, the brain is developing lots
Total weight gain: finally was able to weigh myself, i'm up 10 lbs from my pre-baby weight

Maternity clothes: oh yea

Gender: sweet baby boy!
 
Movement: baby boy is moving lots, and i do notice a more regular schedule of when he's active at certain times of the day and night, and although i can't always distinguish one type of movement from another, i can tell that some feel different than others---like a kick feels different than him flipping around

Sleep: once i'm asleep it's good, but takes some tossing and turning to get comfortable

What I miss: lots of coffee

Cravings: oranges, chocolate, french fries....i have to force myself not to devour all the chocolate in my house, and i really want french fries but will try hard to avoid them  :)

Symptoms: i have had a pretty nasty cold this last week that's taking awhile to go away, so that's not fun, pretty much all the same symptoms as last week but nothing new yet

 Best moment this week: obviously the ultra sound and finding out we're having a boy, finding out about the twins (!!!), feeling more close to my baby and getting used to his movements, watching my hubby interact with our baby boy through my belly  :)


Comments

Popular Posts