halfway through this pregnancy...20 weeks!

halfway halfway halfway!!!! halfway to see and hold my baby!  woooohooooo!  so the next couple of weeks are going to be crazy.  this week, on thursday, we'll have our big ultrasound scan and will (hopefully) be able to find out baby's gender! then...commence the baby and nursery shopping!  i've been holding back.  but...not.much.longer.now! school is crazy, and honestly, i am not in the mood to study and do homework.  i have to force myself, it's so difficult.  that is not the norm for me, i usually really enjoy studying.  i know, i'm a nerd.  but it's hard to stay focused right now and i imagine it will only get worse as the pregnancy goes on.  sorry gpa.  we will also be having some family and friends in town during the next few weeks, so we'll be busy with visiting as well.  i purchased a few cutie things this last week, i couldn't resist.  they are by skiphop and i love this brand of baby stuffs.  this is what i got:


cute book

super cute plush stacking toy.  i am loving the zebra.  and the elephant.  and the owl.
and, i was able to visit with my brother, sister-in-law and niece this weekend.  my niece is almost 1 1/2 and she tested out all the toys.  i think she approves.  she really liked the book....well, she really liked the book when uncle was reading it to her cause he does all kinds of fun noises.  he's going to make such a great dad to our baby. also, on sunday, i was deep in homework mode when i had a sudden attack.  i neeeeeeded to eat chocolate.  we really had nothing in the house.  i tried to eat some salty chips, fruit leather, trail mix.  nothing was killing the craving.  my hubs, seeing my distress, offered to give me my valentine's day present early.  i declined, because, come on---i'm an adult, i can just wait.  5 minutes later, i was digging into my valentine's day present without reservation.  yay for hubbies that get your favorite chocolates for v-day and then give you the box early to satiate your crazy pregnancy cravings!  
in other, more boring news, i am learning new really cool molecular biology lab techniques, including SDS-PAGE and spectrophotometry.  woooohooooo! anyway......here's some prego stuff:
oh yea, my face is getting round!
hello in there little one

 How far along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: about as long as a banana from head to toe.  because the baby is more proportional and stretched out these days, the measurement, which was previously head to bum, is now head to toe.  so about 10 inches or so.  baby weighs about 10 1/2 oz now, practicing swallowing, producing meconium (icky tar like poo), teeth buds are complete, hair is growing like crazy and taste buds are fully formed and working.
Total weight gain: i may be up about 8 or so lbs, when i stepped on the scale the other day that's what it said.  but my scale is pretty unreliable.

Maternity clothes: mmmmhmmmm....i am so grateful for maternity shirts.  i have a long torso and so it's hard for me to find shirts that are long enough anyway.  the maternity shirts and tanks i've been finding are actually long enough and the front is a bit longer to ensure your belly is covered.  genius!

Gender: will find out on thursday!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Movement: so much!  i can feel the baby more and more.  there are times when peanut really jabs me hard, too.  now i can not only feel the movement, but see it if i'm looking at my belly.

Sleep: mostly sleeping well, but hard to get comfortable

What I miss:
hmmm....there was something i was thinking of the other day but can't remember....i think i really wanted to lay down on my stomach, but it's really not comfortable to do that now.
Cravings: salty stuff, but these week has really been about sweet; chocolates, cake, donuts, etc.  i've been really trying to not overindulge which takes a lot of willpower considering i walk past a cupcake shop next to my house twice a day

Symptoms: shortness of breath, fatigue, i'm sleepy a lot more often now, some swelling in my hands, this week i've been more irritable than before

 Best moment this week:  i feel like i'm getting to know my baby more now through it's movements, and they are becoming more predictable as far as time of day.  when baby moves a lot, i love it!  i love watching and feeling the movements.  it's incredible.  hubby was able to see baby move, too, the other night.  he thought it was creepy.  it kind of is.  but cool, too.  so his reaction made me laugh.  seeing my brother and his family was one of the highlights of my week, too.







Comments

Popular Posts