33 weeks

yo.  these weeks keep rolling on by.  i mean, holy s#$%!  i have 4 weeks until i am technically full term, 7 more weeks until i am 40 weeks.  i have been thinking a lot about labor and delivery lately.   and my sweet little baby boy.  i am getting more and more excited to meet him!  i think hubby is, too, as he bought some legos and foam blocks last week for baby boy.  i think we are getting closer and closer to finalizing a name for our little man as well.  exciting!  but back to this labor and delivery stuff.  at our last childbirthing class, our instructor gave us information about different types of pain medications used to ease the pain of labor, and she's been teaching us coping techniques all along.  she asked us to take a few moments and talk it over with our partner and share how we would like to go through labor (medicated or unmedicated or a combination, etc) and our partners would tell us how they think we should go through labor.  we have talked about this before, and i am a huge supporter of unmedicated births, but obviously, whatever the birthing momma wants to do and is comfortable with is what she should do and what is right for her.  so anyway, i said i'd really really like to try my hardest to have an unmedicated birth.  hubs is supportive of whatever i want to do, but wants me to be realistic at the same time.  i feel like i could really do this, unmedicated.  so, i am really going to do my best, use different coping techniques, breathing exercises, positions, music, and whatever else it takes.  but, i will also be flexible and understand that things don't always go as planned and of course will do whatever is best for me and baby.  but, these are the thoughts that course through my mind all day.  so, if you have any stories on how you prepared yourself physically, mentally, spiritually, for labor, please share with me!  i'd love to hear your story. 
anyway, this past week baby boy has continued to move a lot, rolling across my belly uncomfortably (for me), getting the hiccups multiple times a day.  i feel like he must have grown a lot this last week because i have been exhaaauuuuusted and gained a few pounds i think.  i was dealing with some awful sciatic nerve pain for a couple of weeks, but went to the miracle worker otherwise known as my massage therapist and since then the pain has not come back.  i'm sure it will eventually, but it is nice to know that massage helps.  it's been really nice not to have that pain, because no matter what movement i made, walking, rolling over in bed, etc, it was so uncomfortable.  this past week has been more of the same, studying, classes, trying to help coordinate a junior youth empowerment program in a neighborhood near us, reading up on pregnancy, baby and deliver, looking for houses, and on and on.  i spent the day with my momma on mother's day, we went shopping, which was nice, we haven't done that for ages.  my hubby made me my first mother's day breakfast, too, such a wonderful hubby.  here are some highlights in pictures:
my first mother's day breakfast, fresh fruits, bacon, homemade blueberry pancakes and real maple syrup from Montreal
my momma gave me some lilac blooms from the lilac bush at her house, she knows this is one of my favorites!  it's a little wilted here as it's a few days old now
bought a few cute cutie outfits for my baby,  this one reminded me and mom of my dad, as he grew up a california surfer
cutie little shorts and t!
growing belly looking down.  actually, when i look down now i can't see my feet anymore, but had to lean over to get a shot of the feet waaaaay down there.  the weather this past week has been amazing for seattle, so i gladly wore my dresses to stay cool and comfortable while the sun was out!  i also bought some sandals that buckle in the back after it was clear that my swollen feet would not comfortably fit in my other shoes and i almost killed myself tripping on the stairs wearing flip flops.
i am forgetting something....hmmmm....something i wanted to add, but now for the life of me i can't remember what it is.  well, that's pretty typical for preggo brain.  i just remembered!!!!!!!!!!  after nearly finishing the post.  i am thinking of getting rid of the office part of the nursery to make room for a guest bed since we will have company staying with us for awhile after the baby is born.  so, i was thinking about any one of these from ikea, thoughts?:
ok, well on to the weekly update:
How far along: 33 weeks
Size of baby: the size of a pineapple, or a durian fruit.  hopefully he won't be as stinky as a durian fruit.  he is about 4.2-5.8 lbs and 17.2-18.7 inches long, his bones are hardening and he's keeping his eyes open now when he's awake, he's continuing to practice important stuff like breathing and sucking
Total weight gain: not sure the official count yet, but as i stepped on the scale yesterday, it passed 160 lbs, soooooo i've gained anywhere from 25-30 lbs at this point
Maternity clothes: yea, mainly have been wearing tunics over stretchy pants and long dresses this week as it's been so nice out
Gender: boy
Movement: he is clearly running out of room in there, because he's always bumping around and i can feel every little movement and hiccup, sometimes when he makes big movements or sticks his little foot out it's uncomfortable
Sleep: i have been sleeping like a baby this week, i can't get enough of it
What I miss: not having all the hormone induced effects that are annoying like dropping everything, oh, and being able to put on socks, shoes, pants without lots of grunting, sweating and swearing
Cravings: orange juice, chocolate cake, bacon, crushed ice big time!!!!!!!!!!!
Symptoms:
heartburn hasn't been as bad this week thank goodness, but have been very congested in my sinuses, hot temperature-wise as the weather warmed up here last week, light swelling in hands and feet, shortness of breath
 Best moment this week: hanging out with my momma, found out some great news about some of my friends, being immersed in the SUN!!!!!!!!!
the baby is this big!

Comments

Popular Posts