40 weeks......come on baby boy!

so, i'm officially at the end of pregnancy, but baby doesn't agree, at least right now since our due date was yesterday.  but, i figured since it's my first, we'd probably be late.  so we're just waiting for our little guy to decide he's ready!  i'm nervous but excited at the same time.  i so can't wait to meet my boy!  and everyone else is getting excited, too, because hubby and i keep getting text messages and emails and facebook messages asking if baby has come yet.  but honestly, it's been so warm here in seattle the past few days that i can't imagine dealing with labor and contractions in this heat, since my place doesn't have AC.  so for now, we wait.  i've been bouncing on my exercise ball and doing some walking.  maybe in a few days i'll do some of the things that may potentially cause labor to start, but i'm really just trying to trust my body and my baby to do what it needs to do when the time is right.  and when i think about it, i'll actually miss being pregnant.  i've gotten used to having my baby right here in my belly.  but he will be so much more fun on the outside.  i feel like i haven't been doing much in the last week or so just because my body has been pretty tired and it's been so hot here, at least for me right now, that i have just not been able to be super active.  over the past few days i've been able to hang out with family and friends and my awesome hubby.  i had planned on getting everything done to prepare for baby well before the due date so that we could just relax the last few weeks, which we've been pretty much able to do.  but now we kind of feel like we have nothing to do, hahahah! hubby even said, "relaxing is stressful" after i told him that we have time to relax at this point because we have taken care of everything already.  so, we are ready and excited.  hopefully he comes soon.  here are a few pics of what's been going on lately:
oblong belly because baby is stretching

silly niece

cutie

sunnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!
and, here i have put together a collage of my belly pics from 12 to 40 weeks:

and here is the weekly update:



How far along: 40 weeks
Size of baby: the size of a jackfruit.  he is 18.9-20.9 inches and weighs probably around 7-7.5 lbs, his nails and hair are continuing to grow and his lungs are continuing to develop
Total weight gain:  getting close to about 45 lbs....eeeek
Maternity clothes: my maternity tank tops barely fit me, some don't even cover my belly all the way and because it's been so hot here, i've had a hard time finding clothes that i can wear that will keep me cool, so mostly i've been lounging around in hubby's soccer shorts and if i have to wear actual clothes i've been wearing the blue dress above
Gender: boy
Movement: times of lots of movement and times of sleep for this guy, mostly shifting and moving his legs and feet around
What I miss:  being comfortable
Cravings: fruit, ice, things that are sweet
Symptoms: 
back pain, lots of braxton hicks, just generally being uncomfortable, but nothing too crazy
 Best moment this week: spending time with my hubby, friends, and family

Comments

Popular Posts