16 weeks=4 months!

wooohoooo! 4 months, 5 more to go!  my belly seems like it's getting bigger everyday and i'm sure that it is a little bit because the baby is in super growth mode now, within the next couple of weeks baby will double in size!  go baby go!  i still need to get back into my school routine of studystudystudy but to help myself not feel overwhelmed with my to-do list for baby i made a spreadsheet.  because i'm a nerd. and i color coded it based on the stuff we will purchase and stuff we will register for.  i first consulted blogs and websites that i agree with to determine what stuff we should get for baby (like a crib) and the stuff we don't need (like a wipe warmer). i then made a column for estimated cost so that when we buy the stuff to fill in the gaps i will know what to budget for.  sorry, this is probably so boring but i was so excited about it!  i saw my folks the other day and they brought some wonderful gifts for the baby---books!  the best books!  yay!  and then i saw the cutest toy that my friend bought for his friend's baby and promptly ordered it on amazon.  i couldn't help it....i mean look at it!
it's a wonderful pull toy that's made of wood and painted with soy paint, and when you pull it, the body scooches up and down as it inches along.  it is the best.  i have named him Les Cargo.  for escargo, get it.  hehehehee.  anyway......i also found a pattern for a blanket for my baby that i started knitting on this past weekend.  i love it, a chevron pattern and i'll alternate gray and a multi-color yarn:
 so i have been busy.  hubby sent me this deal today from REI in which the new BOB stroller, that is not a jogging stroller is on sale plus a britax car seat all for $349, which is such a good deal for both of those items.  the stroller is not a jogging stroller and is a lighter, more compact BOB than their traditional joggers.  woooohooooo! i'm going to check that out.  now.  on with the pregnancy.  we saw the midwife yesterday, i bombarded her with questions specific to the birthing process and she pretty much answered exactly how i was hoping she would answer, so i'm feeling very confidant about the birthing center (within the hospital) and my midwifes.  we also got to hear the heartbeat again, which is such an amazing moment.  the entire time the baby was moving and kicking, apparently we have a very active and wiggly baby growing in there!
How far along: 16 weeks
Size of baby: the size and weight of an avocado---body fat is beginning to form (brown adipose fat i learned in physiology last quarter), ear bones are developed so baby can now hear my voice, heartbeat, etc, eyes are moving and can perceive some light (although the eyelids are fused shut), practicing sucking and swallowing, the heart pumps about 25 quarts of blood daily, lil peanut is growing hair (probably lots), eyelashes and eyebrows (unibrow?) and is forming tastebuds
Total weight gain: up 5 pounds relative to my pre-pregnancy weight

Maternity clothes: still wearing regular pants tethered together with a rubber band, maternity pants and leggings.  still in regular shirts, my mom bought me a few maternity shirts as well

Gender: will find out on valentine's day
 
Movement: i'm able to feel movement more frequently and some more forceful kicks (?) or headbutts (?), which is exciting!

Sleep: pretty good as long as i utilize my pillow fortress

What I miss: nothing too critical, but there were a few times this weekend where i was presented with salami (one time it was from Salumi which is the best place ever) and i did have a piece or 2, but didn't indulge myself as i normally would have.  but it's all good.

Cravings: salty stuff still, have been craving pho a few times a week

Symptoms: this is my least favorite part because i don't want to feel like i'm complaining but do want to keep it real, so although i'm experiencing shortness of breath, breast tenderness, round ligament pain, dizziness, random stabbing pains in my abdomen, frequent headaches and major pain in "other" areas due to cartilage and ligament stretching and softening, it's all really not that big of a deal, these symptoms are just signs that let me know that my baby is growing and developing which is very welcome.

Best moment this week: getting the first toy that i've bought lil peanut, spending time with my mom and dad, hearing the heartbeat again, checking out my friend kristina's amazing art at her opening, talking with the midwife about birth, seeing my husband excited at how big my belly is becoming!

Comments

  1. Stop being so adorable!
    Also that toy is super cute and I want one. For me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaa thanks meghan! you say that now, but just wait til i'm large and in charge! there will be nothing adorable about that! ;) i love that toy, i've been pulling it around all night.

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome cant wait for valentines day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts