18 weeks

18 weeeeeeks!  almost halfway there, i can't believe it!  in two weeks we'll be able to have our 20 week ultrasound and find out baby's gender.  i can't wait....i'm dying! after that we can really start solidifying name choices and choose nursery decor and register and all that stuff.  this last week was full of this stuff:


reading this
and this
studying this
and doing this in order to write a paper for biology
 amu and khale (uncle and aunt in farsi) got peanut some toys:
i loooooooooove wooden toys!  and books!
and i'm generally in hibernation mode because midterms are starting up now.  so, after this post is finished i must study many hours for organic chemistry and continue writing my bio paper.  funnnnnn! so i'll get right down to the preggie stuff:
whoa, where did this come from?  looks like my grampa's beer-belly from back in the day! i love how my shirt is barely covering my belly.
How far along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: the size of a bell pepper (a different app says mango, and yet another says sweet potato, so who knows), about 5.6 inches and 6.7 ounces in weight (how precise!) arms and legs are becoming more in proportion with the body, ossification is still occurring, eyes and ears moving to their permanent position and the heart pumps around 25-30 quarts of blood per day.
Total weight gain: not really sure, my scale is possessed, so i'm just going to assume i'm gaining the 1 lb per week or so that is recommended, because i feel like i'm eating all the time

Maternity clothes: for sure

Gender: will find out on valentine's day
 
Movement: lots! and i can now feel it from the outside with my hand sometimes, but of course peanut stops moving the moment my hand is there, little stinker!

Sleep: pretty good

What I miss: not worrying about keeping track of my caffeine and sugar intake

Cravings: salty stuff, popcorn, my hubby has been making blt's with avocado and i want to eat those all the time now, mmmmm and now redmill just popped into my head...mmmmm blue cheese bacon burger (i'm not sure if i can eat blue cheese right now...?)

Symptoms: nothing too bad; headaches, dizziness when i get up too fast, drooling (hahahaaaaaaaaa! this only happened once but i heard that it's common-but i was eating a bagel the other day and was literally drooling all over it, it was sooooo bizarre!!!!!!), general stuffiness in my sinuses, shortness of breath, there's more but, really, who cares

 Best moment this week: i went to one of my dear friend's baby shower so getting to see her and her family was so wonderful!  also, last week lil peanut was squiggling around so much and with such force that i was actually able to feel it when i put my hand on my belly, aaaaannnnd just recently hubs was able to feel lil peanut kick for the first time!  i'm so glad that he'll be able to experience this, too!



Comments

Popular Posts