27 weeks....last week of second trimester

hello!  i am about to enter the third trimester of this pregnancy!  wooohoooo!  and also yikes!  so last week was my time to catch up on stuff i'd been neglecting and i was able to accomplish some things.  one day in particular i was getting frustrated because there were a lot of things i wanted to do including dropping stuff off at the goodwill and going grocery shopping along with some other errands.  but it's difficult to pack as many things into a day when you 1) have to pee every ( and i'm not exaggerating here) 15 minutes and 2) have to eat every 1-2 hours and 3) are super huge and ginormous.  so i find that i have to remind myself that i need to go slower, build time in my schedule to eat (and pee) and take it a little easier.  which means i can't get as much stuff done.  but, oh well.  i was able to take maternity photos of one of my friends, participate in some Baha'i service and community building activities, clean out the closet in the nursery, go through my clothes and consolidate and get rid of some excess stuffs.  so that was good.  aaaaand it was actually nice over the weekend here (70 ish and sunny, people going crazy and sunbathing in the park), so i spent a little time outside in the sun.  yay!  also, my very dear friends welcomed their new baby girl into the world over the weekend, so i'm just thrilled about that and so happy for them.  my son's future wife.  hehehehe j/k....last friday i went into the doctor's to take my glucose tolerance test.  that was interesting.  not too bad, but not fun.  i went early in the morning since they have to use your fasting glucose as a baseline.  then drink the super sugary stuff (mine tasted like hawaiian punch so it didn't taste bad, but was very very sweet, too sweet for first thing in the morning and an empty stomach).  i felt super jittery, my heart was racing and my body was all tingly for the first hour, they took my blood, then after another hour they took my blood again.  then i got a TDAP and Rhogham shot.  so fun!  oh well, everything turned out all good and my glucose test came out right in the middle----yay body for efficiently metabolizing sugar!  but since then i've had a headache---for 5 days!  it's getting old.  anyway, here are some highlights of the last few days:


hung out with my brother and sis-in-law and niece and colored eggs...that's my brother being a creeper in the corner

is she not the cutest?

made my first fruit tart! and i have to say, it was yummy!
school started on monday, and today while sitting in lecture, i pulled the desky part over the front of the chair and found this:
my belly baaaaaarely fits.....maybe for another week.
onto the preggie details:

How far along: 27 weeks, last week of second trimester!
Size of baby: rutabaga....ummm or a head of cauliflower.  about 13.6-14.8 inches and somewhere between 2-2.5 lbs, brainstem is almost fully developed, and cerebral cortex is maturing.  brain growth!
Total weight gain: went to the midwife again today (because of 5 day headache) and am up a total of 18 lbs now

Maternity clothes: mixing maternity and regular

Gender: still a boy
 
Movement: this past week this guy has been moving so much, or maybe it's just that he's gotten so much bigger that i can feel it more often.  and he gets hiccups at least 5 times a day.  and now, he does this thing where he sticks his butt or head (i can't tell) out so far so one side of my belly is normal and the other has a huge lump of baby head poking out of it.  and he has been moving across my belly more often which is such a strange feeling.

Sleep: i love it

What I miss: same as last week, being able to take something like excedrin to get rid of a 5 day headache.

Cravings: still oranges, still donuts, and i am just loving to eat in general, my appetite is insatiable!

Symptoms: have gotten heartburn a few more times this week particularly when going to sleep (i think b/c of my prenatal vitamin), non-stop headache, feeling bigger, slower

 Best moment this week:  finding out when my lovely friends' baby girl was born, spending some time in the sun, eating, hearing little moosh's heartbeat again today and finding out that everything is normal and all test results show that i'm healthy and the pregnancy is going great so far.



Comments

Popular Posts