29 weeks

so, my pregnancy tracker app says that i have about 76 days left til baby comes, based on my due date.  that is super crazy!  this past week has been another of exhausting house searches.  our situation has changed a bit, so we can stay in our current place if we want, but of course we found that out after we found a house that we love!  decisions decisions.  oh well, we've been praying and consulting and we'll see what happens.  but it's good to know that we can stay right where we are for now if we want.  in a couple days we start our childbirthing classes, so that will be interesting.  and this is the first week of midterms, so i gotta bust my butt and start studying.  other than that, nothing too exciting.  oh---except!  one of my other friends just had her baby the other day.  wooohooo!  lots of babies!  

no new baby gear has been purchased and i'm leaving the nursery as is until we figure out where we will be living.  so, nothing really exciting happening.  i am entering the time in pregnancy when i am getting pretty much all of the undesirable symptoms, if you've been pregnant before i'm sure you know what i'm referring to.  even though it's amazing feeling my baby kicking and getting stronger and moving around, the other unfavorable parts of pregnancy are catching up with me.  but it's a good pain, as my hubs would say.  ha!  i'm sure this post is super boring so i'll finish it up with the preggie update:


How far along: 29 weeks
Size of baby: the size of a butternut squash, about 2.5 lbs and about 15 inches or so, muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and his brain still developing big time
Total weight gain: 20 lbs

Maternity clothes: mixing maternity and regular, i think i may have to break down and buy a few more shirts because i'm getting to the point where my regular shirts are really tight and short and look ridiculous

Gender: boy

Movement: sometimes when he kicks or moves, my entire belly moves several inches outward or to the side, and i am starting to feel movement up by my ribs, he is still most active at night and apparently his favorite thing to do is to kick the bed through my belly when i am laying on my side----all.night.long.  so that's super fun for me.  but, it's wonderful to feel him moving around, it gives me peace of mind that he's doing just fine

Sleep: mostly sleeping well, have to get up at least once a night to go to the bathroom

What I miss: having energy and motivation

Cravings: nothing exciting, still have a voracious appetite, i feel like i'm eating all the time

Symptoms: all the not-fun ones including heartburn mostly at night, fatigue, fuzzy brain, hunger, starting to get leg cramps and some other unpleasantness

 Best moment this week:  we added some items to our registry, that was fun----here is the thing that my hubby really liked the most:

 
a big rocking airplane, isn't this great?  

 


Comments

Popular Posts