Bathroom project days 6 & 7

so we got the cement board installed and now we are waiting for it to cure.  after baby z went to sleep hubby and I got to work on this.  woohoo Friday night fun!  we mixed up the mortar and I spread it and troweled it while hubby lay the cement board and drilled it into the subfloor.  since it was getting late we did about half of the floor and then finished up on Saturday morning.  it didn't take long.  then that night we applied cement board tape to the seams and mortared over them and then 24 hours after that we can start tiling.  first we will do a dry run to get an idea of how we want the tile to look and then I'm hoping I can work on it during the week.  progress, slowly but surely!

all ready for tile after 24 hours of curing.  I don't know why I'm so excited about tiling, hahaha.  oh and yes, I do wear my Grama-made bear pajama bottoms while doing renovation work.

Comments

Popular Posts